IMMERSION STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The French American International School offers a dedicated $5,000 per year Immersion Student Scholarship for one incoming grade six student who has attended other public or private language immersion schools in the local area.
Eligible immersion languages include French, German, Mandarin, and Spanish. Assuming the student remains in good academic standing, the scholarship would be extended each year through graduation in 8th grade, with no re-application required.
The scholarship recipient will be selected on the basis of multiple criteria:
- Completion of a public or private elementary language immersion program from the Portland area
- Outstanding promise of candidate as demonstrated by his or her academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and habits that show engagement with school and community—attributes that are encouraged for all students at FAIS
- Exemplary teacher recommendations
Starting the Process
- Inquire by calling or sending an email to the FAIS Office of Admissions for information about the School and the admissions process.
- Have an introductory campus visit or attend an off-campus information session. Introductory campus visits include a tour of FAIS and a chance to visit with a member of our admissions team. Depending on the event, an off-campus information session may include a short presentation or a Q & A session.
- Attend a Middle School Open House. These events include a presentation by the Middle School Division Head and an opportunity to meet teachers, staff, and current students and parents, in addition to members of the admissions team.
- Complete an FAIS online application.
- Declare your wish for your child to be considered a candidate for the Immersion Student Scholarship. Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org before the February 1 application deadline.
Some families’ circumstances may qualify them for assistance above and beyond the $5,000 Immersion Student Scholarship. Interested families have the option to go online to sss.nais.org and complete a standard financial aid process questionnaire called the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The site offers a password that allows families to complete the process in stages if they should have questions along the way. This standard application is filled out by over a million families nationwide each year, from a wide range of income levels. The process is confidential and all documents are handled with the utmost discretion. For more information, visit our Financial Aid webpage