Mission & Guiding Principles
Families choose FAIS for a number of reasons, from our strong academic program to the long-term benefits that come from combining language immersion and the IB. But our Mission and Guiding Principles—as well as our Core Values and Characteristics of Professional Excellence—are what tie it all together. They’re why we do what we do, how we do it, and a collective promise to our families.
The French American International School cultivates intellect and character through rigorous multilingual academic programs in an environment that promotes appreciation of diverse cultures and experiences.
We believe the future starts here. As educators, we develop internationally minded and actively engaged citizens who help create a better and more peaceful world.
- Develop Global Citizens
- Foster Multi-Language Ability
- Shape Active Learners
- Deliver Academic Excellence
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
In fulfilling the mission of FAIS, the following specific behaviors and attitudes define professional excellence in a teacher at FAIS.
- Effectively uses a wide array of teaching strategies to meet the learning, emotional and psychological needs of a wide range of diverse learners.
- Displays a strong knowledge of school curriculum and subject matter.
- Understands and demonstrates the use of inquiry-based pedagogical techniques.
- Demonstrates a belief that all students can learn and experience success in different ways, depending on abilities, learning styles, preferences and interests.
- Skillfully and collaboratively contributes to the curriculum planning and evaluation process, using student assessment to improve learning and teaching.
- Models and respects the School’s core values of international mindedness, open-mindedness, integrity, collaboration, and creative inquiry
- Creates a classroom environment that promotes student learning while fostering respect, understanding, and acceptance of differences.
- Seeks out opportunities to grow professionally.
- Demonstrates active support for colleagues.
- Actively participates in the life of the School.