Gilkey International Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at the Gilkey International Middle School. Our goal is to provide our students with an exceptional education combining a multicultural experience and an internationally recognized curriculum. We believe such an education to be an invaluable asset in today’s global society.
As you read about Gilkey, you will understand why we are justly proud of our school's outstanding record and the broad success achieved by our students. The best way for you to get to know us, however, is by taking a tour, attending an Open House, or visiting us at one of the off-campus events listed on the Admissions Calendar.
The following steps of the application process must be completed by February 1 prior to the school year for which you are applying:
- Online application and $100 application fee
- Parent Questionnaire (included in application)
- Student Questionnaire, completed in your child's own words (included in application)
- Two teacher recommendations (one for math and one for English), completed and submitted online by your child's current teacher(s)
- Student records for the previous school year and the first half of the current year, sent directly to FAIS from your child's current school
- Student Visit for one day. Once you have submitted your application and fee, please contact the Gilkey Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 292-7776 x620 to schedule.
On the day of the visit, please arrive at the Gilkey Office in Satellite 3 by 8:20 AM. Pick-up time is 3:30 PM. Please remember to pack a lunch. Available dates for Student Visits are listed below. We ask that this visit takes place within two weeks after submitting your application. Please note that these dates are subject to change and may fill up quickly.
- November 2018: 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 27, 29, 30
- December 2018: 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20
- January 2019: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18
Offers of admission will be made in March. For applications received after February 1, offers of admission will be made on a space-available basis once the above steps have been completed.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at any time for an update on your child's admissions status. We will also be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding our program. You may reach us at email@example.com or (503) 292-7776 x310.
Arezu Movahed, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions