Helen Townes, Director of Development
Welcome to the FAIS Development Office—our door is always open and we encourage you to drop by with questions, ideas, or just to say hello. Our development team will help you navigate the many opportunities to support the School, whether you are a parent, grandparent, or friend.
Like most independent schools, FAIS relies on financial and volunteer support from our community to offset operating expenses, provide capital funds for campus projects, and support financial aid through its endowment. Tax-deductible gifts are essential to the ongoing health of FAIS, bridging the gap between tuition revenue and the actual annual costs of running the School. As important to the ongoing health of FAIS are the many volunteer hours our parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends contribute to the School.
Some of the many opportunities to sustain FAIS are:
- Make a gift to the Annual Fund. Participation by 100 percent of our parent body is impressive to foundations and can help FAIS secure grants.
- Volunteer your time as a Room Parent or Grade Parent, acting as point person among parents, teachers, and administration.
- Share your professional expertise with a student or young alumnus.
- Participate as a volunteer for the Annual Gala, or donate goods or services for this essential fundraising event.
- Commit to a planned gift: support our endowment fund with gifts of cash or securities, or contribute through your estate.
- Support our capital campaign with a gift or pledge.
Our website makes it easy for you to stay in touch. With news about both fundraising and "friend-raising," we hope you’ll come to these pages often and find ways to participate in the FAIS community. Our school counts on you as its strongest asset, whether you are writing a check or giving your valuable time.
We also welcome any suggestions, questions, or feedback. Please feel free to contact me.
Director of Development
(503) 292-7776, ext. 305