French American Lower School (Grades PS - 5)
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at the French American Lower School. Our goal is to provide our students with an exceptional education combining a multicultural experience and an internationally recognized curriculum. We believe such an education to be an invaluable asset in today’s global society.
As you read about FAIS, you will understand why we are justly proud of our school’s outstanding record and the broad success achieved by our students over the past thirty-eight years. The best way for you to get to know us, however, is by taking a tour, attending an Open House, or visiting us at one of the off-campus events listed on the Admissions Calendar.
The following steps of the application process must be completed by February 1 prior to the school year for which you are applying:
- Online application and $100 application fee
- Parent Questionnaire (included in application)
- A teacher recommendation completed and sent directly to FAIS by your child's current teacher
- Student records mailed directly to FAIS from your child's current school
- A Parent Meeting at FAIS with members of the Admissions Committee. Please contact the Office of Admissions to make arrangements after you submit your application.
Offers of admission will be made in March and April. For applications received after February 1, offers of admission will be made on a space-available basis once the above steps have been completed.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at any time for an update on your child’s admissions status. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding our program. You may reach us at email@example.com or (503) 292-7776 x310.
Arezu Movahed, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions