Customize your view, sign up for alerts, and export events to your personal iCal using the buttons at the right, or log in to subscribe to school calendars.
Tuesday - April 4, 2017
Screenagers Documentary - Parents Invited
6:15 PMRose Préau Commons
This documentary looks at the effects of screens on our youth and some of the struggles that youth and parents face. It encourages conversations between parents and their children around the use of cell phones and social media. Appropriate for students in 5th grade and up.
- Middle School PLC Meeting 8:30 AM
Lower School Open House
This Open House is for PS-5th grade* admissions. There will be a presentation about our Lower School program by the Director of Admissions, tours of the campus and classrooms, and an opportunity for Q & A with the Lower School Division Head, other administrative staff and current parents. There is no need to RSVP. Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions at email@example.com or (
503) 292-7776 ext. 310.
*Applicants for PS, PK and K are not required to speak French. Students applying for 1st-5th grade should be coming from another French program and/or already be French speakers.
Backpack Lunch Packing Party
Donations will be packed into weekend sack lunches by FAIS students & families and will go home with students in five PPS elementary schools in NE Portland. The Packing Party is on Thursday, April 6th @ 3:45 in Room W-7. All FAIS students and families are welcome!
- Gilkey Eagles Track & Field Meet @ Portland Christian E.R. 2:30 PM CANCELLED 2:30 PM to 4:00 PMPortland Christian, 12425 NE San Rafael Street, Portland, OR 97230
Eco Action Forest Party
8:30 AM to 10:30 AMFAIS Garden Area
At FAIS, we are fortunate to have immediate access to a 4.5-acre forest with a nature trail and three outdoor classroom spaces. Your family can help support educational connections with native plants and animals and environmental stewardship through ongoing habitat restoration, trail maintenance, and outdoor classroom clean-up. During 2016-17 there will be over 20 opportunities to contribute! A nature restoration community event is scheduled every 2nd Saturday and one weekday per month throughout the year. A nature space tour is offered the 30 minutes before each Saturday event.
- Annual Gala 5:30 PMThe Sentinel Hotel
- 7th Grade Trip to Courthouse 8:30 AM to 3:45 PMGus J. Solomon U.S. Courthouse Portland, OR
- Lower School PLC Meeting 8:30 AM
- 2nd Grade Play 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMPréau Commons
Independent School Librarians Meeting
FAIS is hosting a meeting for Portland-area independent school librarians.
- Board of Trustees Meeting 5:30 PMRose Préau Commons
- Middle School Half Day (Lower School Full Day)
- Capital Campaign Brunch 10:30 AM to 12:30 PMPréau Commons
- 2nd Grade Play 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMRose Préau Commons
- Gilkey Eagles Track & Field Meet @ Life Christian E.R. 3:00 PM 3:00 PM to 4:30 PMLife Christian, 5585 SW 209th Avenue, Aloha, OR 97007
- Stéphanie's Class Breakfast 8:00 AM to 10:00 AMPréau Commons
- Gilkey Eagles Track & Field Meet @ OES E.R. 3:00 PM 3:00 PM to 4:30 PMOregon Episcopal School (O.E.S.) 6300 SW Nicol Rd, Portland, OR 97223
Fifth Grade Exhibition
10:00 AMSatellite 2
All FAIS parents and friends are invited to the 2017 5th Grade Exhibition, whose theme is "Who we are." Students will present (in French and English) for 20 minutes at four different times throughout the day. Attend one (or more!) of the following time slots: 10 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m. Guests are asked to pick an exhibition room and stay for the full hour to view three group presentations.
- Françoise's Class Breakfast 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM1- K
- French Elections: Presidential 8:00 AM to 7:00 PMPréau Commons
Earth Day SOLVE IT Event
9:00 AM to 12:00 PMFAIS Forest
We will be salvaging native plants that are growing in the construction area that will be disturbed when the new Middle School building development begins. To save the plants, we will transplant some into the forest restoration area and some salvaged natives will be potted up to store for replanting when the new building is complete! For more information and to register as a volunteer, visit the SOLVE website. For this project, all volunteers 18 or older need to have signed a waiver to participate. Volunteers under 18 can be included on an adult's waiver. Waivers can be signed at the project site or completed online.
If you can help to welcome volunteers, contact Beth Clifton.
- Spring Break
- Screenagers Documentary - Parents Invited 6:15 PMRose Préau Commons