Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at the Gilkey International Middle School. Our goal is to provide students with an exceptional education combining a multicultural experience and an internationally recognized curriculum. We believe such an education to be an invaluable asset in today’s global society.
As you learn more about Gilkey, you will understand why we are justly proud of our school’s outstanding record and the broad success achieved by our students. The best way for you to get to know us and learn more about the Middle School programs is by attending our annual Open House. You may also schedule a tour of campus by contacting the Office of Admissions.
To complete the application process, the following steps must be completed by February 15 prior to the school year for which you are applying.
- Application form and $100 application fee submitted. (You may apply online or request a packet be mailed to you.)
- Parent Questionnaire completed (included in application).
- Student Questionnaire completed in student’s own words (included in application).
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms (one for math and one for English) mailed directly to FAIS by your child's current teacher(s).
- Student Records mailed directly to FAIS from your child's current school with first half of fifth grade (or current year if applying for seventh or eighth grade) included.
Student visit for one day. Once you have submitted your application form and fee, please call the Gilkey Office at (503) 292-7776, ext. 620 or email email@example.com to schedule a visit day. Available dates in 2013-2014:
On the day of the visit, please arrive at the Gilkey Office in Satellite 3 by 8:20 AM. Pick-up time is 3:30 PM. Please remember to bring a lunch.
- November 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21
- December 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19
- January 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 27, 28, 30, 31
- February 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13
Offers of admission will be made in March and early April. Offers of admission for applications received after February 15 will be made on a space available basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 292-7776 ext. 310 if you have any questions on your child's admission status.
Arezu Movahed, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions