Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at the Gilkey International Middle School. Our goal is to provide students with an exceptional education combining a multicultural experience and an internationally recognized curriculum. We believe such an education to be an invaluable asset in today’s global society.
As you learn more about Gilkey, you will understand why we are justly proud of our school’s outstanding record and the broad success achieved by our students. The best way for you to get to know us and learn more about the Middle School programs is by attending our annual Open House. You may also schedule a tour of campus by contacting the Office of Admissions.
To complete the application process, the following steps must be completed by February 15 prior to the school year for which you are applying.
- Application form and $100 application fee submitted. (You may download an application or call to request a full packet be mailed to you.)
- Parent survey completed (included in application form).
- Student survey completed in student’s own handwriting.
- Two teacher recommendations (one for math and one for English) directly mailed to FAIS by the teachers.
- Student records sent from current school with first half of fifth grade (or current year if applying for seventh or eighth grade) included.
- Student visit for one day. Once you have submitted your application form and fee, please call the Gilkey Office at (503) 292-7776, x620 or email email@example.com to schedule a visit day. Available dates in 2012-2013:
November 12, 13, 15, 26, 27, 29, 30
December 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20
January 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 29, 31
February 1, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14
On the day of the visit, please arrive at the Gilkey Office in Satellite 3 by 8:20 AM. Pick-up time is 3:30 PM. Please remember to bring a lunch.
Offers of admission will be made in March and early April. Offers of admission for applications received after February 15 will be made on a space available basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 292-7776 x310 if you have any questions on your child's admission status.
Arezu Movahed, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions